The Application Toolbar contains icons that when clicked on open the software's applications.
- Open File is used to open previously created and saved FormReturn files from your computer. Click on the icon and it will open your computer's directory where you can browse. Segments are automatically saved with an “.frs” extention and forms are automatically saved with an “.frf” extension.
- New Segment is used to open the segment editor where segments containing checkboxes are designed.
- New Form is used to open the form editor where a Form template is designed and published.
- Source Data is FormReturn's database where tables and respondent's records are added.
- Processing Queue is where scanned form images are temporarily stored while waiting to be processed into captured data.
- Captured Data is where processed response data from your returned forms is stored and can be exported to a spreadsheet.
- Preferences is used when you want to give any specialized preferences to FormReturn.
- Scan Forms button is used when you want to auto scan and upload forms into the Processing Queue.
- Assistance button is used if you want to be contacted by someone because you need assistance with using FormReturn.
- The Segment Drawing Tools are used for adding the checkboxes and other design components of your segment.
- The Select tool is selected by default until you double click on another tool.
- To use a tool, point the mouse cursor on the tool icon and click, then point the mouse curser on an area of the page where you want to use the tool and click.
Full guide to Segment Editor Tools
Segment Editor Tabs
- Segment Editor: is selected when you are designing the segment.
- Recognition Preview: is selected to Recognition test the segment or form.
The Form Editor Toolbar contains graphic icons used for adding the elements or components needed to design a form.
The Select tool is automatically always selected by default until you click on another tool.
To select a tool, point the mouse cursor on the tool icon and click, then point the mouse cursor onto an area of the page where you want to use the tool and click.
Double clicking on a tool will keep it selected until you click on any other tool.
Full guide to Form Editor Tools
Form Editor Tabs
- Form Editor: is selected when you are designing a form.
- Recognition Preview tab: is selected for Recognition testing the form.
- Publish Form tab: is selected to publish a form template.
The Source Data Tabs
The Source data tabs are used to access the areas of source data where data tables, fieldnames and records are added or edited.
- Tables: is where data tables and fieldnames can be added and edited; data tables can imported and exported.
- Records: is where data records for a selected table can be added and edited; selected records can be imported and exported.
- Publications: shows a list publications performed for the selected data table.
Full guide to Source Data.
Processing Queue Tabs
The Processing Queue tab bar is used to access the areas which show the status of form images.
- Unprocessed Images: shows scanned form Images held in a queue while they wait to be processed by FormReturn.
- Unidentified Images: shows any scanned images which were unrecognized by FormReturn.
Full guide to Processing Queue
Captured Data Tabs
The tab bar located within Captured Data is used to access the areas where captured data is stored.
- Publications: shows the list of publications in FormReturn. Select a publication, by clicking on it, to see the forms in that publication.
- Forms: is where you can see the forms in the selected publication.
- Form Pages: shows the status of a selected form page. When the page has been processed you will see the captured data for the form page and the scanned image preview of the form page.
Full guide to Captured Data